Shepherds Without Borders uses a single application for adoption and fostering. Please fill out the applicable sections as thoroughly as possible – failure to provide us with all the correct information may delay your application.
*Please note, as we are a 100% volunteer organization, it takes approximately 2-3 weeks to process an application – we appreciate your help with providing as much detailed and complete information in your application to expedite this process <3 If we have to request documents or further information, have a hard time reaching your vet’s office or personal references, that may lengthen the time needed to process your application. To avoid these delays send in any documents or records to firstname.lastname@example.org. After your application is processed, a volunteer will reach out to you directly to conduct a home visit.
Fostering or adopting a rescued German Shepherd Dog with our rescue requires an approved application. Each of our dogs are vetted, up to date on shots, microchipped, spayed/neutered (if medically stable/age allowance), treated for parasites and tested for heartworm previous to placing in a foster or adoptive home.
- Interested in fostering only? Would you like to foster a dog? Please apply!! We value our foster families as each rescue needs a safe loving place to go while we match that special family!
- Fees for adopting a dog: $450.00
- What happens to those donations? As we are all volunteers, every penny donated/raised goes back into the SWB account to save the next dog. Donations are tax-deductible as we are an IRS designated 501(c)3 organization.
- Want to meet a dog you are interested in? As we are a foster-based rescue, we do not have a facility to come meet our dogs. Meet & Greets with individual dogs are scheduled contingent on approved application, compatibility (best match) and location. Get that application completed today!
- Have questions? As we are 100% volunteer, we do not have a phone number you can call to ask questions – Don’t worry! Every application receives a phone call from a volunteer for interview and we welcome all your questions at that time!
Please keep in mind, we receive several applications for each dog listed, processing each application takes time. We make the best possible selection for each dog and family. Unfortunately, that may leave some very good applicants disappointed. If you only want to be considered for the dog you are applying for, please note that on your application.
** If you are applying for a puppy: We usually receive an overwhelming number of applications for each puppy (6 months and under). Our commitment is to make the best match possible for every dog and every home; the more applications we receive, the longer the process may take. To that end, we will only process the first 25 applications received for each puppy. If, for some reason the perfect match is not found, we will process the next batch of 25 applications.